Friday, May 22, 2015

My first Sew-in

In some places they're called sew-togethers, in others sit-n-sews, but here they're called sew-ins. Last weekend I got to experience my first Texas sew-in. I think of them like a mini-retreat. Less people and less time but still a way for quilters to get together and sew to their hearts' content, uninterrupted by daily chores and work requests they'd encounter at home sewing. And as an extra bonus, I was much more productive at this one-day sew-in than I was at our three-day retreat, just a short time ago. In case you're considering joining in on one, here's some pics to show you what goes on. This one was at Honey Hill Retreat Center in Pikes Creek, TX. And as you can see, everyone was productive.  It was a great way to spend a very rainy day.





























No comments:

Post a Comment